Monday, July 26, 2010

an introduction, and the July 22 raw materials

Greetings! My name is John, and I'm happy to be on board to share insights and experiences from the Ilchester Road CSA experience. Unlike Adam, this is the first time my wife Laura and myself have been involved with a CSA program, and its been an excellent experience thus far.

Both of us are employed in jobs that frequently require long and irregular hours - as a result, seeking out fresh produce regularly just doesn't happen. Not only is being a part of this CSA a good thing for supporting local agricultural business, but it's also an incentive for us to expand our culinary horizons beyond "quick, heated dinners" and "eating out." I've been commenting on our experience thus far over at the Gustatory Libation Front, and I look forward to sharing our future (mis)adventures and recipes in this space.

Speaking of shares, here was this past Thursday's:


The roll call: bread, tomatoes, apple butter, bell peppers, methley plums, peaches, nectarines, summer squash, red pontiac potatoes, and variegated corn.

No comments:

Post a Comment